Today's guest mixologist, Yvan David, has created beautiful wedding-inspired cocktails for Weddings Week. Try these drinks on a special occasion or any time!
Yvan created this cocktail for Angelina Jolie in honor of her performance in "A Mighty Heart."
2 1/2 ounces Chopin vodka
1 1/2 ounces hibiscus vermouth
1 1/2 ounces pomegranate juice
Splash of Champagne
1 fresh cherry
1. Infuse any hibiscus-based store-bought tea (see the ingredient list on the box -- the better the tea, the better the cocktail) overnight with the martini bianco vermouth by just dropping the tea bags into the bottle.
2. Use a tea bag per every 1 cup of vermouth. When ready to make the cocktail, combine all ingredients together except the Champagne in a glass shaker. Fill with ice, shake well, and strain into a chilled martini glass.
3. Finish with a splash of Champagne and a cherry!
Yvan created this drink for the Santa Barbara International Film Festival. He saids it's fresh and delicious for a wedding!
4 or 5 mint leaves
1 ounce St. Germain liqueur
1 1/2 ounces Chopin vodka
2 1/2 ounces fresh Fiji apple juice
1. In a tall glass, muddle the mint in a glass shaker. Fill the glass with ice and add the remaining ingredients. Stir well and enjoy!
Here's a recipe to make beer even more festive!
Fresh Fruit Beers
Handful of fruit
1/2 lemon-lime soda
1. Drop some room temperature fruit (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries) into any beer, from a lager to a Lambic, and leave them in the fridge for a couple of hours. Combine with 1/2 lemon-lime soda.
Last but not least, here's a cocktail that's fun and sparkling for the reception.
2 ounces cucumber-infused gin
1/2 cup muddled fresh watermelon
1 ounce lime juice
Splash of Q tonic (optional)
1. Muddle watermelon with lime juice, add ice and gin, and shake vigorously. Pour and top with the tonic (you can substitute club soda or seltzer if you like) Enjoy!
Rosa de Oro
1/2 ounce vodka (optional)
1/2 ounce St. Germain elderflower liqueur
3 1/2 ounces Domaine Chandon Champagne
Artesian water ice cubes
1. In a clean glass combine the vodka, St. Germain and the artesian ice. Shake vigourously for 10 seconds and strain into a champagne flute. Top with chilled Champagne and garnish with gold flakes and crystallized Rose petals.