As a parent and chef, Bill turned a weekly volunteer stint at his daughter’s public school cafeteria into a second job, working with the school’s staff to help create fresh alternatives to frozen hamburgers and pizza. Now he's taking his activism to the air, and our phone lines will be open at 866-675-6675 so you can...
- Talk about the politics of nutrition with Marion Nestle, New York University professor and the award-winning author of several books including "Food Politics: How The Food Industry Influences Nutrition and Health and What to Eat."
- Learn how school food programs work with Eric Goldstein, chief executive for school support services for the New York City Department of Education, which serves over 1 million students.
- Find out how change can happen inside the cafeteria with Jeanette Orrey, the UK's most famous "Dinner Lady" and the woman who inspired Jamie Oliver's crusade to change school food.
- Bring farm to fork to school with Christiane Baker, executive director of Edible Schoolyard New York.
- Get inspired to organize at the grassroots with Nancy Easton, co-founder and executive director of Wellness in Schools.