When it comes to going green, Tania Ruben knows how to live an eco-friendly lifestyle without sacrificing any glamour. Her website, Pure Natural Diva, is devoted to providing tips on how to make your personal style a little more sustainable. Since a skincare regimen is a vital part of her beauty routine, Tania shared with Morning Living recipes for all-natural, non-toxic beauty products that will surely make your skin glow. Check them out! They smell really good too!
Diva Honey Citrus Body Butter
2 Tablespoons of Beeswax
1/2 Cup of Grapeseed Oil
2-3 Tablespoons of Distilled Water
10 Drops of Citrus Essential Oil – or to preference
1. Combine the wax and oil together in a wide mouth jar. Microwave until the wax is almost completely melted.
2. Use a hand blender to whip – ensure it’s completely submerged for safety reasons!
3. Slowly add water and continue to aerate, then add fragrance. It will turn white and be thick and goopy.
4. Allow the lotion to settle for at least 15-20 minutes.
5. Scoop into a lotion container of your choosing, empty lip balm tubs.
6. Apply a small amount to any dry spots and enjoy!
Vanilla Orange Foaming Hand Soap
1 1/4 cup of water
2 TBS of Castille Soap – I used the Citrus. To create your own scent use unscented.
1/4 TSP of Olive Oil
3-5 drops of Vanilla Essential Oil
4-6 drops of Citrus Essential Oil
1. Combine the ingredients and in a measuring cup and use a funnel to pour into the an aerating dispenser bottle (can re-use from another brand-- Method makes one, also Clean Well).
2. Soap will will dispense in an nice foaming lather… and if you kids use the whole bottle in 3 days, you won’t be furious!
Vanilla Room Fragrance
1/2 Cup of Distilled Water
1 Tablespoon of Vodka
20 drops of Vanilla (or other favorite) Essential Oil
1 Teaspoon of Grapeseed Oil
1. Combine all the ingredients and store in a glass container for 45 days. When you think of it – or every 7-10 days shake your concoction.
2. Once the fragrance has aged – use a funnel to transfer the liquid into a gorgeous atomizing container.