Today Emeril was joined by chef, restaurateur, TV host, cookbook author, and sometime fellow radio host Eric Ripert. They talked about everything from growing up in the Mediterranean to collecting Caribbean mangoes to shopping for fish (the veins should be red, not brown!), but my favorite moment was when Eric recounted the tale of his near-death experience with a wild boar. Of course it all started with a double rainbow...
As he does each week, Emeril also asked Eric to share a few of his favorite things before he said goodbye.
- Ingredient? Dark chocolate - that's to eat, not to cook
- Comfort Food? Pizza
- Kitchen Gadget? Knives
- Dessert? Grandma's apple tart
- Country to eat in? Japan
- Cocktail? Bourbon or tequila, straight up
- Thanksgiving side dish? Gratin Dauphinois
- Lunch? Always a salad, at the restaurant with some fish and on the weekend with some grilled steak
- Place in New York City? Central Park
- You can hear the whole show replay at 7 pm ET tonight and on Saturday at 10 am ET.