Have you done all your holiday shopping but forgot to decorate? Need a few basic things to spruce up your living room? Kevin Sharkey, executive editorial director for decorating at Martha Stewart Living, stopped by “Living Today” to give us seven simple ways you can quickly get your home in the holiday spirit without the stress.
- Place candles around your home. Placing candles around the house gives you that soft warm glow that we all associate with the holidays. If you’re worried about placing candles around your home you can use flameless candles; Kevin gets his from FlamelessCandles.net.
- Put ornaments in a large bowl. If you have ornaments that didn’t make it on the tree this year, don’t leave them in the box; put them in a bowl. If you need additional ornaments, now is a great time to buy them because prices have most likely been marked down.
- Get some spray “snow”. Who says you need to wait for Old Man Winter to bring the snow? Many people use spray snow on windows and on branches of their Christmas tree.
- Add a few amaryllis flowers to your decor. The red flower this plant produces is a great complement to the holidays.
- Add some music to the mix. Although you can’t decorate with music, you can play your favorite holiday tunes around the house which lifts everyone’s spirits.
- Put pine cones around the house. Pine cones are a great and inexpensive way to add holiday cheer to your house. Place the cones on tables, windowsills, and anywhere you like.
- Lastly, nothing says Christmas like tinsel! As a child, I’m sure you enjoyed adding it to your family Christmas tree (and making a giant mess) and there is no reason why you can’t do the same as an adult!