To celebrate Chocolate Week on Martha Stewart Living Radio, we at Whole Living were more than happy to sample a few delectable cocoa treats from thechocolatenation.com, a sort of locavore-slash-chocolate-fiend's dream come true, as they feature artisanal chocolates made right here in the USA. Founder Grace Lissauer was kind enough to come with a few samples of what's hot in the chocolate world.
We tasted some fresh and surprising flavor combos, including:
- Garam Masala - which has cardamom, cumin, cinnamon (comes with a kick)
- Dark chocolate with Pistachio Date (yummy pistachio cream and juicy dates)
- Dark Chocolate with Sesame fig
- Dark chocolate with Mexican ancho chili and tangerine ganache (orangey cream, in a creamy dark chocolate cone-shaped bon bon)
- Goats Milk Caramel (this was rich and delish)
- Mango dipped in bittersweet chocolate (need we say more)
If you want to buy someone some chocolate, why not support local / domestic artisans and get them something a little different and above and beyond in terms of quality than anything you can get at a drug store.
Terri Trespicio is senior features editor at Whole Living magazine and the host of "Whole Living" on Martha Stewart Living Radio, which airs every day at 10a East / 7a West on Sirius 112 / XM 157. Follow her on twitter @TerriT or subscribe to her videos on youtube at TerriT73.