In anticipation of summer and the fabulous vacations we'll all be taking during that time, Robert and Judy decided to talk packing for summer travel during yesterday's "Living in Style." They offered some great tips (all listed below) and Robert's mom even called to weigh in on the issue.
- Pack knits because they take up less space amd often don't need any ironing
- Pack all of your clothes into a FedEx or UPS box and ship to your destination ahead of time-- then it's just you, your handbag, and a magazine on the plane. No carrying or checking necessary.
- Roll your clothes, don't fold them-- they'll take up significantly less space.
- Pack old underwear and sox and just throw away after using them (R & J seemed a little skeptical of this idea but one of our callers swears by it)
- It's about pieces, not entire outfits; brings accessories and items that you can mix and match.
- Robert's a huge fan of Flight 001 for unique luggage and travel accessories.
Listen to Mrs. Verdi's packing advice: