This week, our guest mixologist is Anthony Caporale from Art of the Drink . While he uses all the ingredients most of us use in our quality cocktails – gin, tequila, fresh fruit – he also adds the fun summer twist of ice cream! These floats are perfect for Dad and the whole family for this Father’s Day weekend and the rest of the summer.
Gin Fizz Float
2 ounces quenelle (spoonful!) of lemon Häagen-Dazs Five ice cream
1/2 fresh lime, quartered
1/2 ounce lime simple syrup
1 1/2 ounces Bombay Sapphire Gin
1 1/2 ounces seltzer
3 drops orange blossom water
1. In a soda fountain tumbler, add the ice cream.
2. In a mixing glass, muddle the lime and lime syrup. Fill the glass halfway with crushed ice and add the gin. Shake ingredients until the tin is frosted.
3. Add the seltzer and orange blossom water. Swirl gently to mix while preserving carbonation, double-strain into tumbler over ice cream allowing drink to froth while pouring.
4. Garnish with freshly-grated orange zest over top, serve with a short flexible straw.
Black and Tan Float
1 pint premium vanilla ice cream
2 tablespoons Bass Ale
Guiness Extra Stout
1/2 ounce Chambord
1. Temper the vanilla ice cream until soft. Add Bass Ale and mix thoroughly. Refreeze for four hours.
2. Once frozen, add two scoops of the ale ice cream to a beer mug or pint glass. Slowly pour Guiness Extra Stout over the ice cream, to the top of the glass.
3. Drizzle with Chambord and serve with a straw.
1 scoop lemon sherbet
1 1/2 ounces tequila blanco
1/2 ounce triple sec
2 lime wedges (1 to be squeezed and 1 for garnish)
1. In a tall glass, add one scoop of the lemon sherbert. In a mixing tin that is half filled with ice, add the tequila, triple sec, and juice from one lime wedge.
2. Shake until the tin is frosted and strain over sherbert. Garnish with a lime wedge.