It's the little things...today was the maiden voyage of the in studio coffee maker...
Also our good friend Simon Doonan stopped by and was entertaining as always...
"It's a perfect winter snack...grilled cheese with homemade, creamy (low fat!) tomato soup."
Betsy's Creamy Tomato Soup
1 chopped rib of celery
2 to 3 cloves of chopped garlic
1 large can of tomatoes (chopped or pureed)
low-fat milk (can use water or stock as a substitute)
salt and pepper to taste
basil for garnish
1. Saute one chopped rib of celery until soft.
2. Add 2 - 3 cloves of chopped, along with some salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cook for about a minute and then add one large can of chopped or pureed tomatoes.
4. Bring it all to a boil, and then let it simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Puree the whole kit and caboodle. Note: Betsy adds low-fat milk until it is the texture she wants, but water or stock will do the same thing. And then garnish with basil.