Today was our first day broadcasting from 7 - 11 AM Eastern and among the many great things we discussed on the air, off the air we decided that in light of adding an extra hour of "Morning Living," we'd need extra coffee - hence, adding a coffee machine to the air studio. Big news? For the hours Betsy, myself and Jon operate? Yes!
Technology and some great apps were on the show from Techlicious, and great recipes, including this dish below from Chef Chris Rendell of Mary Queen Scots in New York City:
Grilled Lamb Chop with mushy peas, rosemary jus.
4 lamb chops
Drizzle olive oil
1 bunch rosemary
- Remove lamb from refrigerator 20 or so minute before cooking to allow the meat to loosen.
- Pre-heat grill or griddle pan to med over a med heat.
- Lightly dip the rosemary into a small amount of olive oil and then brush the lamb, season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lamb on the hot grill only turning it once. It should take approx 4-6 minutes either side (If you grill is too hot it will cause the lamb the burn).
- Remove from the grill; allow rest for 8-10 minutes.
The great thing about this dish is that you can actually use most cuts or lamb, from rack, Chump to even tenderloin. I prefer the Chop as it has a great fat content and hold up to a med heat on the grill and give it a great char and smoky flavor. Ideally you want the lamb to be served medium rare.
Serve with mushy peas (or mushy pea fritter) and rosemary jus, perfect with a side of crispy rosemary garlic potatoes and a simple baby gem salad.